Anne has practised in property and commercial law for approximately 35 years. She has a broad range of experience and skills, advising a variety of clients on all aspects of property law, including property related aspects of insolvency and receivership, legal property due diligence, advising on disposals, acquisitions, including CBD office buildings, major shopping malls and shopping centres, and residential development sites. She also has extensive experience in complex leasing of major property sites.
Before joining McLeods Anne was special counsel at the following law firms K & L Gates, Clayton Utz and Corrs Chambers Westgarth. She was also a partner at Kott Gunning where she worked for 22 years.
Anne’s experience includes:
• Advising a number of local government authorities in relation to property matters, including acquisition, disposals, leasing, interpretation of legislation including Land Administration Act 1997, Transfer of Land Act 1893, Local government Act 1995.
• Advising an indigenous corporation in Western Australia on commercial documentation with a Federal Statutory Body and Publicly listed solar corporation, where I advised on the role of the special purpose vehicle owned by it and provided advice in relation to its partnership interest.
• Advising a minority partner on the sale of its interests, including strategy regarding the sale, advice on sale documentation and acting at completion.
• Advising Inter-state Corporation on the purchase of a business relating to the import of overseas agricultural product and WA land and acting at settlement.
• Acting for the buyer of supermarket and liquor businesses including negotiation of sale documentation and new licensing arrangements.
• Acting for a national supermarket retailer and its subsidiaries on a range of property and liquor licensing matters including commercial leasing, conducting legal property due diligence, drafting and negotiating land and business disposal documents, completing transactions, establishing data rooms and providing general commercial property advice.
• Acting for the receivers and managers of a Western Australian property developer and a number of its related companies, including conducting legal property due diligence, establishing a data room, completing transactions for the sale of strata titled shops, a suburban shopping centre, strata titled commercial units, city apartments and an undeveloped site in the Perth CBD and providing general property advice to the receivers and managers.
• Advising a national land developer in relation to a wide range of strategic land banking acquisitions and super-lot sales, including all aspects of due diligence, contract negotiations and documentation, contract administration and settlement. Also, advising on the implications of the Australian Consumer Law (unfair contracts provisions) in relation to standard form residential contracts