Fiona joined McLeods in 1996 and has been a partner since 2004. Specialising almost exclusively in property law, Fiona has developed a wide practice in development related documentation and agreements and property transactions. She is a member of the Law Society of WA s Conveyancing Committee, lectures in Property Transactions at Curtin University and teaches the conveyancing component of the Law Society s Legal Assistants Training Course.
Particular aspects of Fiona's experience include:
- Preparation and negotiation of development agreements, detailed contracts of sale and easements for redevelopment projects.
- Preparation of deeds to secure conditions of subdivision and development approval and to secure the collection of development scheme costs.
- Preparation of easements, restrictive covenants, licences, leases, heritage agreements, title notifications and memorials.
- Sale and purchase of land and general conveyancing including the preparation of complex contracts of sale, mortgages, transfers and adverse possession claims.
- Agreements for the acquisition of road widening land, drainage easements and other public infrastructure related documentation.
- Providing advice in regard to property transactions, development related agreements, land title matters, rights of way, adverse possession and the use of title restrictions and notifications to achieve planning outcomes.