Michelle has over 20 years' experience as a paralegal/law clerk in Property, Banking & Finance, and Wills, Probate and Estate Planning. She also has experience in dealing/interacting with Landgate and the Office of State Revenue to meet their requirements for the lodgement and assessment of Transfer Duty on transfer documents.
Before joining McLeods, Michelle was a paralegal/law clerk at a number of small and mid-size boutique law firms that specialised in property law.
• Residential Settlements- prepartion of settlement documentation including Transfer of Land, liasing with parties to effect settlement, registration of Transfer of Land at Landgate, attendance at settlement
• Business Settlements – assisting solicitor with preparation of business settlement documentation, liaising with parties to effect settlement, registration of Transfer of Land at Landgate, attendance at settlement.
• Banking & Finance – preparation of mortgage documentation for bank and private clients, including bank documents required for SMSF, liaising with parties in readiness for settlement, conducting settlement, registration of documentation at Landgate.
• Deceased Estates – preparation of survivorship and transmission applications and Transfers of Land to transfer property to beneficiaries of a Will or pursuant to Deed of Family Arrangement, registration of applications and Transfers of Land at Landgate.
• Family Law – preparation of Transfer of Land pursuant to Family Court Orders, liaising with parties to effect settlement, registration of Transfer of Land at Landgate, attendance at settlement.
• Caveats – preparation of Caveats and Withdrawals of Caveat for firm deferred fee arrangements and acknowledgement of debt, and their registration at Landgate.
• General Property – preparation of family trust deeds and unit trust deeds including deeds of variation, declarations of trust and deeds to change trustee including preparation and lodgement of Transfer of Land at Landgate to effect change of trustee.
• PEXA – effecting settlements and lodgement of documents in the PEXA work space.
Wills, Probate and Administration
• Preparing Wills, application for Probate/Letters of Administration, Enduring Powers of Attorney/ Guardianship;
• Filing Probate/Letters of Administration applicaiton at Probate Office and registering Enduring Powers of Attorney at Landgate;
• Administration of deceased estate once Probate/Letters of Administration have been granted.